Thursday, July 23, 2009

Surprise Package

When I came home from a few errands on Saturday I found a package on the kitchen counter. I had been waiting for another package from Superior Threads so I didn't think anything of it but, when I finally stopped to read the name on the package I saw Jodi 's name from Simply This That & the Other I was so excited and immediately ripped open the package.

What Fun!

I think we could all get use to having fun surprise packages arrive in the mail every day.

Don't you think?

Well, You won't believe what fell out of the package. . .

Not one little quilt . . .

Not two . . .

Not three . . .

But . . . FOUR darling Quilted Placemats. . .

And . . .

Here they are . . .





Here's a view of 3 of them on my island countertop . . .

Thanks Jodi for your friendship, kindness, and thoughtfulness in making these for me. I love them and will use them everyday. Don't they look cute on my countertop. They match my granite too!

I absolutely LOVE them!!!

25 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

how cool is that?? They are beautiful and look wonderful on your island.

CJ said...

SWEETNESS!! I see some Patisserie fabrics in there too. :D

Barb said...

They are adorable...she does wonderful work.

blushing rose said...

Would you send her all our addresses please? Just joking! They are darling, lucky you!! TTFN ~Marydon

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Not only is she sweet, kind, and thoughtful, she has such talent!! Oh they are just wonderful, I am so happy for you!

Kathy said...

Ohhhhhhh! Those are just precious!

Jocelyn said...

How very cute!! Love the little houses.

Pat said...

They are so sweet-looking! What a nice surprise for you.

Ariane said...

These are great!!! Love the colors. You are very lucky. I love them.

Sandy said...

Wow, how lucky are you? Those are simply darling, love the colors!

Laurie said...

Oh they're adorable!! I can see them on my table when you get tired of them? :)

Dawn said...

They are darling!! How nice of Jodi!

Sherri said...

Those. Are. Too. Cute!!! Wow...congrats...Jodi did an amazing job on all of them!

Shari said...

These are just gorgeous!! Lucky you. Very charming and fresh. That sort of thing is on my 'one day' list - but what an inspiration!

Lucy said...

Those are darling!

Edige said...

I like this fabrics and I really like your works. Congratulations!

Nanette Merrill said...

oh my gosh they are so cute! that jodi . . .

Anina said...

So cute! Jodi is great isn't she?

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Those are beyond adorable!!! I will head over to her spot and say so!
~Nancy

Liz said...

Oh how fun!

Khris said...

Absolutely gorgeous you lucky bugger...hugs Khris in Oz

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a lovely set - I love how they are similar - the round one really stands out!

Deb said...

Sooo love those placemats!!! As an occasional quilter (can't do everything..I guess), I just love beautiful and quickie projects like this awesome one. :] PS: Also love your blog.

Jodi Nelson said...

Thanks my bloggin friend. And to everyone for their nice comments. So glad you liked them! I'm totally addicted to making "mini" quilts. ;o) ooxx`jodi

Pretty Things said...

Those are MARVELOUS!!!!